Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading a mag. that our rea association sends us free every month and this guy maybe some have heard of him Jeff Colwell talks about nailing 3-5 lbs bass and crappie as big as your head on a lake east of windsor so for you crappie lovers they said that they caught the biggest crappie they have ever seen.

C

·
0 Posts
It is Water Valley. It is only open to the residents BUT........ I found a loop hole. It is real simple. If you know someone who lives there or knows somebody who knows someone who lives there your in if you ask. I took a different approach. I met a family there who is really nice and has a ten year old kid who loves to fish. Unfortunately, his mom hates fishing and his dad is a trucker, so the kid never gets to fish. So whenever I get up that way I take my 10 year old son and they fish together. Pretty cool, huh!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
good work

id cal that a symbiotic relationship

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I saw the article. I liked the photo where the guy was holding up a big crappie and the caption said it was a bass. LOL!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
I saw the article. I liked the photo where the guy was holding up a big crappie and the caption said it was a bass.  LOL!
Depends what area of the country you are from, I have heard crappie called calico bass, strawberry bass, and grass bass.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice fish by any name!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i may have to check out that area do not know how i can fish but i love crappie fishing
i have been fishing in fort collins for a while and we have been doing well at riverbend and dixion. we had some real nice szed ones at dixion

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice crappie you said that came out of dixon and was it one of only a few or did you get into a bunch of them?

·
Registered
38 Posts
only three there so far but that was the small one 12in 13 in and 13.5 in they have only hit in the morning for usi have only tried the floating minows, need to try some thing different
but at riverbend we have pulled a bunch, they still bite desent but slowing can not wait till it cools dfown just a bit cooler must of the ones we got were during the spring but we still have been ok

just some more avage ones from riverbend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts