Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Always wanted to figure the crappie and once I actually set out to do it I found hundreds! Limited out for the first time after trying for the whole month of June. Wasn't too hard once i honed in on the area where I located them. Fast forward 4 days later and today they were gone. Here is my video of the slay fest. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed! If I knew some of you guys better you’d get a invite!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Always wanted to figure the crappie and once I actually set out to do it I found hundreds! Limited out for the first time after trying for the whole month of June. Wasn't too hard once i honed in on the area where I located them. Fast forward 4 days later and today they were gone. Here is my video of the slay fest. :D
View attachment 32037 KHOE
Looks like fun!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice table of death! (y)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was yummy! If you guys are interested in how we made it here is a nice walkthrough my buddy Paul made!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice video and what a good mess of fish to eat, congrats. Just a little information for you, to ponder. You can't tell the type of crappie by color alone as the male white crappie turn black during the spawn. White crappie have a vertical stripe pattern and have up to 6 spines on the dorsal fin, blacks have 7 or 8 spines. It doesn't really matter as both are delicious. It looks like the ones above are whites, especially the top row where the bars are more visible.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
leg,

Thank you for that great explanation! In the heat of the moment I mess up the white from the black crappies. I've read how to identify them in the past but it's been a while. Thanks!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where is the best place to find some catfish in the Denver area
I'm not sure Denver, but a decent drive to Boulder Res got some big ones. The Pinnery in Parker isn't too bad either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts