Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Crappies in Northern Colorado

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Cutthroat 
#1 ·
OK guys-

Im originally from Pueblo and have always been able to get on Crappie at the Pueblo reseivor with no real problems. I like to think I' m an accomplished Crappie fishermen because I usally can catch them all year round BUT!!! Im new to the northen Colorado Area! Longmont, Loveland Ft, Collins ect.  Dose anyone know of any ponds or lakes that are good Crappie locations. I just really need to know of a good fishery, I'll find the fish once I Get there.  Spring will get the Crappies rocking real soon so I hope somebody In northern colorado knows where they are.

Thanks for any help you can give.   

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Its not always easy to tell you were the Crappies are going to be in a lake the size of Pueblo. They often spon in the same place every year thats why you have so meany Crappie experts in the spring time. By summer time the experts are few and far between. The best way to find them in Pueblo is to troll and look for those suspening schools. If the school dose not suprise you and turn out to be wipers you will most likely have found the crappies. They are usally in about 12 to 18 feet of water. In the spring, Think marinas and shallow water.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.