Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had to get out and try to catch 500 plus crawdads for an epic meal. They came out so well.

Boiled with:
  • Green Peppers
  • Onion
  • Potatoes
  • Corn
  • Crawfish Boil Concentrate and seasoning, with some cayenne pepper. The corn was a bit strong but the potatoes definitely benefited from the juices. Put a good video of the trap and boil together. Enjoy!

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Do you eat that slimy crap from the heads?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've met those donkeys many times!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice job, was that in 1 night or a couple outings, my best has only been about 100 in my home made cylinder traps.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Man that looks good, it's been a couple of years since I've had a boil of any kind. My Cajun friend says ' Where is the garlic and sausage? I don't suck the heads either YUCK on that.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job, was that in 1 night or a couple outings, my best has only been about 100 in my home made cylinder traps.
This was in about 4 hours we made it to the lake at about 7:15pm and left a bit after 11pm. We threw out 12 traps and pulled once we got to the last one we started with the first rinse and repeat till we had 500!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have used garlic instead of cayenne my mouth felt like hell after eating the corn. I'll have to do the sausage and the mustard next time.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I call them "holdup donkeys" because a lot of times they block your way and won't let you by until you share a granola bar.
I've always been curious and i know the answer but i still want to ask. Are they wild or someone raise them there?

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
I like your tenacity, but you should be counting by pounds or sacks or how many 5 gallon buckets you filled.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like your tenacity, but you should be counting by pounds or sacks or how many 5 gallon buckets you filled.
Noted and I agree. As we got home to sort them out we ended up putting many in bags that we will use for bait. We got about 420 after all was said and done. Do you guys think, using them as bait when dead a few months later ice fishing would work?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I've always been curious and i know the answer but i still want to ask. Are they wild or someone raise them there?
They are wild — Descendants of previous generations of beasts of burden that escaped during the mining days. They range from South Park to the Cripple Creek area. I recall that there have been some efforts to help occasionally with vet care.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are wild — Descendants of previous generations of beasts of burden that escaped during the mining days. They range from South Park to the Cripple Creek area. I recall that there have been some efforts to help occasionally with vet care.
That's awesome!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks tremendous. Not a fan of bugs, nor lobster but they sure look sweet.
I wasn't either and I don't go crazy on eating too much, but their delicious when I have them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts