Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wierdest thing... Today I caught a crawdad on a fly. My 6 year old son wanted to play at a park. We went to a park SE of 120th and I-25 (I forget the name). Anyway, they have a nice playground and a pond-- so I just had to fish the pond. Nothing spectacular as far as fish goes. They stock rainbows in this pond, but I only got small sunfish on some nymphs. Except for one cast I caught an approx. 3 inch crawdad. Near as I can tell, I left the nymph on the bottom too long and the crawdad was checking it out when I lifted him out of the water.

There were other folks fishing too, but near as I can tell I was the only one catching anything that wasn't a crawdad. But there were lots of kids and a few adults that were catching lots of 'dads. I even saw what I think was a muskrat that caught a 'dad.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i think your craw trumps my bat and you even got him with the hook

way to go

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Now you know where to go to get your bait for them cats.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
I left the nymph on the bottom too long and the crawdad was checking it out when I lifted him out of the water.
Was it a nymph tied with Red and White chenille...the Homel Black Label Bacon attractor nymph pattern?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts