Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished crawford today with iceintheveins from 7am to 4 pm or so. We each caught about 30 crappie from 7 am to 10 am off of the dam in 15-20 feet of water. Small spoons tipped with a bit of nightcrawler and baitfish smelly jelly were the ticket. Most of iceintheveins' fish were 6-8", but I got lucky and my school had some size. Most were 10" or so and I also got a 13". Sometimes the whole bottom to 8 feet or so above would be pure red on my vex with schooling crappies. I lost a bass. We had 3 flags fishing for pike, but landed 0. Just little hammer handles fooling around with the anchovie on one of the tipups and the perch on the other. A big pike doesn't take 10 yards of line and drop, only small ones do that. So no problem. I also had one smash my spoon when fishing for crappie. After 10, it was like someone flicked a switch and the crappie disappeared. I caught 3 (I think) perch after that, and iceintheveins caught 20 or so. most were 6" or so but iceintheveins caught some 10-11". They were on the flats 20-30 feet deep. We each also caught 1 12" or so stocker. Wish we could've stayed for the night bite, but ice didn't want to :-\

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
solid everywhere, even the edges. 20" or so of ice. I should've drove my truck on it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
TFB as always nice days catch. I think the forum should pitch it to buy you a digital camera. I can't wait for the disposible to be developed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts