Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I'm from outta state and coming to Colorado hoping to catch some crawdads. We're near Williams Fork and heard that's a good place to go fishing for them. But we don't got a boat and seems like the bigger crawdads are in the deeper waters? We tried a place in Aurora yesterday but got nothing. Any tips from the pros?

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
piece of bacon on a small hook, they'll attach to the bacon and you just reel in then you cook the bacon!!! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I used to get hundreds there, throw out a trap overnight with fresh fish parts on the west side in shallow water or run a fine mesh net through the flooded grass areas and sort out the big ones from the babies don't need a boat.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Go to the rocks of the dam. Hike to the water at night with a 5 gal bucket, flashlight, stick, fishing line and liver or any other type of meat. Flash the light in the rocks right at the waters edge. Look for the dads and they're little red eyes. Tie some fishing line to the end od the stick and tie a piece of liver to the other end. When you see a dad, dangle the liver in front of him. Once he grabs on, pull him in and drop him in the bucket. Don't forget the bring a jug of wine!:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts