Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fish Crawford this year? How did you do and what species were you after?

I went Wednesday and Caught 9 Perch.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Went a couple weeks ago, it's only had safe ice for about a month. Fished for crappies, ended the day with 35, mostly 6 to 8", with about 10 above that to 11". Only kept 12 that were 9" or better. Also caught 3 trout. We had to follow them, they wouldn't school in the same areas much, always moving. Most folks fishing the dam area. Perch guys said the same thing, they appeared to be catching mostly 6-8" perch also, didn't see many bigger. One kid had a 38" Northern on a tip-up, caused quite a commotion among about 10 teenagers following him around. I hear it's gotten way slow. Fish deep water, like 60', to find the crappie suspended about 15 to 30' down. Tungsten jigs best.

The proud boy with his excellent catch

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is one healthy looking Pike. I heard a lot of people are catching the Crappie and some Perch by the Dam. I might have to take my time and wonder over there some day. I might be back over there in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
hey brown-time, I heard the lake turned over and the top water was full of crap? you heard any reports of that? maybe try it this weekend but don't want to fish the sludge LOL....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bobco, yes it turned over. I drilled about 15 holes and only found one or two that didn't have crap coming out of them. Do you know how long that will last or is it there until ice off?

·
Registered
246 Posts
bobco said:
hey brown-time, I heard the lake turned over and the top water was full of crap? you heard any reports of that? maybe try it this weekend but don't want to fish the sludge LOL....
Yep, true down by the dam, but much better at the other end of the lake. You can still catch quite a few crappie there from 3:30 till dark thirty. The turnover will probably make the pike harder to catch though.

That being said, I will probably stick to your Lake Z where you line up those two spots for deep water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts