Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i heard it was pretty slow last week. mostly small pearch, and crappie. i'm heading over in a couple weeks! i will let you all know when i go!!!

J.P

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fished it last week and my father and I caught over 100 fish (around 35 Bows, 20 perch, 45 crappie and 4 or 5 bass). We fished off the da, and once we found the right depth the perch and crappie were insane, missed probly 3 for every one caught. They were small, but fun!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The crappie run from small to medium in size, its rare to get anything big. There are lots of them, like the above post mentions. Its been very cold here so the ice should be at least 10-12" thick. It was -7 this morning in Hotchkiss, Crawford would be colder. I've caught perch 11" and better, but you will get hundreds of small perch in the process. Its not unusual to catch northerns, channel cat, perch, crappie and bass in one day. The fishing has been slow so far this season, but I think that is beginning to change. Crawford is my "home lake" so to speak and I know it pretty well. baitisrun1 will be here in a couple weeks, we plan on a great day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts