Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
I'm not sure what his way is but if I were staying in Gunnison I would take the highway on the north rim of the canyon. Go to Blue Mesa, and when you get to the west end of the lake hang a right and go across the dam, that highway takes you right to Crawford. It's kind of a windy road the first half of it,but a beautiful drive, and as far as I know the shortest way from Gunnison to Crawford.

· Registered
297 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact time, alot just depends on road conditions, there are some places about 12 to 15 miles from the dam that stay pretty shady and can be slick, but they're short stretches. most of the road gets pretty good sun and melts off. the first 15 miles is pretty winding and 30 to 40mph is about all you're going to do, but after that i straightens out and is pretty good driving. watch for critters on the road there's alot of 'em over there. and if you have to swerve go to the right, it's a loooong way down to the left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.