Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know. It's Disney land for out of state rv ers and a complete stocker fest but.......
I stopped off Highway cause I was bored. Immediately caught a 22" TROUT. I couldn't believe it. Sr Vrain Ponds! WHAT? I tried reviving it for 10 mins. Big fat pig spewing eggs. Ranger talked to me after all the scavengers came by to beg me for it. She said they put in 14 brooders. Over the next two hours I ended up catching 5 more. It blew my mind... I let all of them go much to the dismay of others. I LOVE LETTING BIG FISH GO. Especially in front of people that take 6 inchers. One guy came over and told me I was an idiot. That they will die anyway. I just laughed at him. You know they taste like crap anyway. One guy came up and told me "are you sure that aint a carp"? Then it spewed sperm on him. I almost died. Had to go because everyone came over to fish by me. I was using a fly and bubble and letting it sink 3 or 4 secs but they were all dumb as rocks. Anyway i have a few pics but don't know how to upload if anyone is interested. I could send them to someone. Was a fun day though. I was supposed to be painting and took an hour break that turned into 4. If there truly was 14 brooders in there i caught 6 of them. lol By the way the ranger girl was a total fox. She can check my license or rod ::) anytime.

·
Registered
260 Posts
theo9805 said:
crabman said:
lol By the way the ranger girl was a total fox. She can check my license or rod ::) anytime.
lol now THAT is really gonna make those ponds crowded w/ lurkers for a while
lol, no doubt. I started thinking I haven't been up to barbour ponds in a while...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Nice post. Was fishing Mallard pond this winter right after they stocked them brooders in there and a guy had two inside his ice hut. I just recently released one large brooder at a Lake X that just stocked a couple hundred of them.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Benson said:
Nice post. Was fishing Mallard pond this winter right after they stocked them brooders in there and a guy had two inside his ice hut. I just recently released one large brooder at a Lake X that just stocked a couple hundred of them.
;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts