Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was watching the news today and although we are dry down here...it has snowed pretty much every day in the mountains...

Steamboat is already above its yearly snowfall, and it's the same story everywhere

how is this gonna effect the fishing this spring?

rivers are gonna be insane....we havent even hit the snowiest months of the year!!

im a little anxious to see how things happen...tailwaters should probably still be good.,...all our reservoirs will be full, but everything in a valley will be flooded?

what u guys think

·
Registered
117 Posts
im not sure about the fishing, but in early May, the whitewater through the royal gorge will be insane. Trying to a plan a rafting/fishing trip around then.

Anyone know of a good rafting/fishing guide in Canon city? I've used raftmasters before (they were AWESOME), but I would like to fish and raft this year.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I would recommend rafting Browns canyon this year, it will be crazy good.

Mustang lots of snow means lots of runoff I usually dont fish rivers when the flow rates are high its very muddy, especially the Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Epic, when is a good time to fish the Arkansas in the spring? Would it be best to go early in April before major runoff? Or is the wait til mid summer better?

Thanks,
1eyeReD

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
1eye it really depends on the runoff... early spring is good but to me the fishing is usually better after the runoff.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
scody357 said:
im not sure about the fishing, but in early May, the whitewater through the royal gorge will be insane. Trying to a plan a rafting/fishing trip around then.

Anyone know of a good rafting/fishing guide in Canon city? I've used raftmasters before (they were AWESOME), but I would like to fish and raft this year.
i would contact "Royal Gorge Anglers" in canon city, if they dont provide those services im sure they could tell you who does

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
scody357 said:

i would contact "Royal Gorge Anglers" in canon city, if they dont provide those services im sure they could tell you who does
Plus the old guy in there is hella nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts