Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we were talking about ice fishing at work. now im not an ice fisherman so i mostly just listened. one guy used to live on a huge lake in montana. he had a friend that went out, drilled a hole, and when he looked in it, there was a 50' gap between the ice and the water! The lake gets drained significantly in the fall but ice must have started forming before they started draining! needless to say he crawled off the lake. i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Everyone seems to know someone who has seen this, some are even bold enough to say they had the same thing happen to them........funny how not a single picture of it cam be produced. Not the one of the ice on a river bank inches above the water either Tony the Tigre. If that happened to me I would crawl my scary ass back to solid ground then bust a hole close to shore and snap a pic so people would believe me ...but then the "story" wouldn't exsist. Did I tell you I saw the chupacabra hanging out in back yard lastnight?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bruce Gillis said:
Everyone seems to know someone who has seen this, some are even bold enough to say they had the same thing happen to them........funny how not a single picture of it cam be produced. Not the one of the ice on a river bank inches above the water either Tony the Tigre. If that happened to me I would crawl my scary ass back to solid ground then bust a hole close to shore and snap a pic so people would believe me ...but then the "story" wouldn't exsist. Did I tell you I saw the chupacabra hanging out in back yard lastnight?
lol well im not familiar with what happens out there on the ice. thought it was a very interesting story to say the least, but i hear ya about the lack of pictures. anyone out there have pictures of something like this? that would be incredible

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bruce Gillis said:
yo, 911 was an inside job, too. the ones responsible for that are the same ones who say "gross is frozen, let's dump all the water out suddenly and leave an ice bubble to scare fishermen with."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts