Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to my local watering hole today. Met a forum member at the dock at 7:15(was supposed to be 7...sorry) to do some fishing. It was my first time fishing from a boat in Colorado. The amount of bait in the water was ridiculous. It's amazing what you don't know is down there until you see it on electronics. Anyway, I caught six or seven at least. I literally fished the same lure the entire time except when we were jigging. One fish came on a jigging spoon and the rest came on the flash pointer. A couple bass were pretty nice in my book, at least for these waters. The longest one measure at 18. It was my longest measured public smallmouth. It was really cool to finally fish from a boat here. Makes me want a boat that much more. Pretty much every hit came on the pause minus one or two. We ended up leaving at 12:15 or so.
All in all, a very nice day. Weather was great and the fishing was better! We plan on going back soon to fish big swimbaits exclusively. Surface temps were 44-45.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I wish I could get a sweet mullet going. Not sure it would help with advancing up the corporate ladder though.

Please tell me you will cut a flat top at some point and leave the Tennessee waterfall in the back. You have to do it Whomp! It would be glorious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts