Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
VolFan said:
Do any of you guys play for the Buffs? I think they missed their game today.
The Buffs are in the toilet and they will stay there until some drastic changes are made.

I would like to support the Buffs, just because they are in Colorado, but I will have to wait for that until coach Gary Barnett is gone. After his behavior in last year's series of scandals, I concluded that the man is totally without honor. The guy is a liar and a weasel, and oozes sleaze from every pore. He should have been fired. He should still be fired. I am amazed if his daughter is still speaking to him. I will change my opinion of him right after Katie Hnida does.

Come on, CU, wise up and rid yourself of this disgraceful sleaze ball and hire someone who knows what the word "integrity" means. This man is not even fit to clean the shoes of a Sonny Lubick or a Joe Glenn or a Fisher DeBerry.

Boy, that felt good. ;D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Being a Nebraska fan, I hope that Barnett and the A.D. stay there for a long time. It may not be next year, but it will not be long before the Huskers own the North, like the old days. ;D LOL
But it is nice to have a good rivalry, and be close to all the talk and jokes.
Barnett is terrible, no disipline, game plan, or game plan adjustments, if he does not go, CU will be back to the old days of Chuck Fairbanks and the Baby Blue Buffs, (my favorite CU coach of all time).
Barnett must go, I will not have any fun with the neighbors. We scream and holler at each other on game day, if Barnett does not go it will not be 45-17-2 (?), it will be 50 or 55-17-2. Take Care

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
born2fsh1 said:
Walking Eagle, If Callahan screws up, Nebraska already has 1st dibs on Joe Glenn. Take Care
Callahan will screw up. ;)

When it comes to interactions with Nebraska I sort of date back to the days of coach Red Devaney. When I was a student at Iowa State he used to hammer our butts without much trouble. :mad:

If Nebraska ever gets Joe Glenn, with the recruiting and the resources they can put behind him, there will be no stopping them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree, but it was Bob Devaney, I was alive back then and could read, but I will not go any farther with that (don't want to tell you how old I am). Joe Glenn is one hell of a coach, and I have been wanting him since Callahan came in, I guess 30-3 and a great recruiting class makes you forget quickly. Recruiting violations are what scare me about Callahan, I don't know, but many pro coaches that go back to the college level have had some problems.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Walking Eagle, Just a little trivia, In 1971 who were the starting quarterbacks for Neb. and O.K., who was the heisman trophy winner and outland trophy winner, who was the Neb. fullback, and who were the famous defensive tackles for OK.
Next time I'm in the Loveland area I'll buy lunch. I'll P.M. you prior. Take Care

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I am a Buff fan however even I have to admit the last 3 games were about the lowest. I even question giving Barnett an extension after all that has gone on during his 6 year tenure and after the last 3 games. Who can you see that is available that would want to be a coach in Boulder? Would Dave Logan be a better choice to clean house up there? Would he want that rebuilding project?

I do not think that CU is a bad program they are consistantly year in and year out a top 40 team. But I used to like those top 10 in the nation recruiting classes that gave us Buff fans the feeling that if all the cards fell right in any particular year we would be in a national title hunt (remember those Bill McCartney days of yester year).

What can we do to get back there and how long will it take. If we switch Coaches now it will be at least another 3 years for the new coach to build their team with their players from their recruiting classes. Were hoping and praying for you Buffs...Become a national power once more!

TH

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I'd much rather bite the bullet and see Logan...I think he could atleast recruit...Lyndale White might not be at USC...Barnett must go...I have never liked him since he hung things on his players at post game press conferences...they are college kids and not professionals...hey Gary go back to the Big Ten...see ya!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
born2fsh1 said:
Walking Eagle, Just a little trivia, In 1971 who were the starting quarterbacks for Neb. and O.K., who was the heisman trophy winner and outland trophy winner, who was the Neb. fullback, and who were the famous defensive tackles for OK.
Next time I'm in the Loveland area I'll buy lunch. I'll P.M. you prior. Take Care
Whoa! You are going to have to give me a break here, I spent most of my life looking at Nebraska from the other side of the fence!

1971 Heisman trophy winner -- not sure, but it wasn't anyone from Nebraska, I think it was a guy from Auburn. However a Nebraska player Johnny Rodgers won it in 1972.

1971 Outland trophy -- Larry Jacobson of Nebraska.

That's it, I'm clueless on the rest!

W. E.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
TroutHunter said:
Would Dave Logan be a better choice to clean house up there? Would he want that rebuilding project?
I think Dave Logan could do a great job and I bet he would accept it if offered. If anyone could repair that program, he could. IMO.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
TroutHunter said:
Would Dave Logan be a better choice to clean house up there? Would he want that rebuilding project?
I think Dave Logan could do a great job and I bet he would accept it if offered. If anyone could repair that program, he could. IMO.
Logan wants nothing to due with it. He has stated before he has no interest in the position. He knows the Boulder culture and the limitations placed upon ANY coach trying to succed in such an atmosphere. Walking Eagle it is easy to kick a dog when it is down. I suggest you get your facts straight in regards to what happened during the so called scandal. A good place to start is Bruce Plaskets book " Buffaloed how race, gender and media bias fueled a season of scandal"
http://www.buffaloedbook.com/
While I believe a staff change is in order it has NOTHING to due to the ethics or behavior of Coach Gary Barnett!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Dave Logan would coach the Buffs if given the opportunity. He has stated he was not interest as respect to the current regime. Not to kick them when down. He could have stirred the pot and thrrough his name in the hat during the scandels however he has remained neutrual, showing what a class act he would be as a Buff coach.

He is a CU alumn and it would be a dream job apart from a NFL head coach or Coordinator position.

If the job was open he would be in the running dont mistake that. Remember what class coach Bill Snyder did to an even deader K-state program. If you do not, all you have to know is they named their new field after him turning down many multimillion dollar solicitations from corporations to name their stadium.

Dave Logan is of this mold. How else could he get a Mullen squad back to the championship game with over 1/3 a new squad. Players love coach Logan and give 120% for him. College players would do the same He is the shot in the arm that CU needs.

TH

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Ouray,

I would be kicking this particular dog whether he was up or down.

I think I understand what happened during the so called scandal well enough, and I understand that the press and the media did just as poor a job on it as Bruce Plasket says they did. Although I have not read his book, I have read detailed reviews of it, including a lot of the things the media did and did not do. So far I haven't heard anything that would make me disagree with him.

However, my judgements about Barnett's character, or lack of it, did not come from misleading statements by the media. They came from hearing his own words come out of his own mouth while I watched his face on the TV and heard him speak, numerous times, at press conferences, local news programs, and even on Larry King Live. In other words, I formed my conclusions without the help of any other party except Gary Barnett himself. Plasket's book is not going to be able to fix that.

Tharp and Hoffmann are already gone, he needs to be gone too.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
pitbull said:
well WE looks like ya got your wish....Barnett arse is OUTTA here.....so it looks anyway im eager to so who they get
Just so they don't get Neuheisel back, I'll be happy. With a new coach I will go back to cheering for CU and hope they win every game. Except one. I still gotta back CSU on that one. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
pitbull said:
well WE looks like ya got your wish....Barnett arse is OUTTA here.....so it looks anyway im eager to so who they get
Just so they don't get Neuheisel back, I'll be happy. With a new coach I will go back to cheering for CU and hope they win every game. Except one. I still gotta back CSU on that one. :)
yea id have to agree with that i like CU but hey CSU i like also and when those two play u GOTTA go for the underdog and CU has yet to get one of the QB's on the broncos roster....Van Pelt product of CSU good 2nd string QB..I think he has his head on straight and given the oppurtunity i think he will one day shine... geez where did i go with this.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts