Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not in the NCAA tournament. That's absurd given the teams with worse records and no quality wins that are in.

Disgusting. :mad:

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Typical EASTERN politics...... I mean, how many lesser teams from the ACC and Big East and Big 10 stay local and ....... I am at a SEVERE loss here.... I'm sure Tad boyle and the guys are in tears also..... Cannot figure it. ROBBERY for sure!!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Incredible. Injustice burns, even when it's within the realm of sports. The exclusion of CU from the tournament should be an outright embarrassment to any self-respecting committee member, and I hope they catch a little heat. [This has nothing to do w/the fact that I grew up in Boulder.] I'd like to hear the justification for preferring teams like Virginia Commonwealth and U. of Alabama at Birmingham over a highly respectable Buffs team who gave ranked teams all they wanted and beat them half the time. 'Mighty' KSU downed thrice by this Buffaloes squad! I won't list all their credentials here (others have done some of that above), but it is ri-di-cu-lous. They've been denied the shot they earned.

Personally I think it's b/c Colorado (the state) is subconsciously filed in 'no-man's land' and often falls between two stools. We have a sportsworld identity crisis. ESPN regularly evidences this (not that they are to blame in this case). Oh well, probably why it's good not to get too wrapped up in this stuff.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Snubjob for sure. With the exception of the feb. 19th loss to Kansas, CU played them tough the other two meetings. If Kansas goes deep the commitee should really be ashamed of themselves. I would assume they don't think to highly of Kansas or CU had to go in. Should be an interesting measuring stick.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And K-State is a 5 seed?? With only 1 more win and the 3 losses to Colorado?? ::)

What a farce.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
like everything... it's a money grab! Colorado doesn't receive the credit it/we deserve with much of anything sports related! The other BS issue is the fact that UNC was seeded in the #15 spot. They deserve a 10/11 seed. Winning their conference ten a 15 seed. That too is shameful!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts