Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five custom fly rods I built for sell. From top to bottom.

ALL 5 FLY ROD ARE GONE, THANKS.

1. G-Loomis slate, F1025-3, 8’6, 5wt, 3pc, $220.00 SOLD
2. Orvis, TLS Power Matrix, 905-2 Mid Flex, 9’, 5wt, 2pc, $175.00 SOLD
3. Painted Yellow IM-6 Graphite, 8’3, 3/4wt, 2pc, $100.00
4 &5. Seviers Tiger Eye, 9’, 4/5wt, 2pc, $100.00

I also sell and build Ice rods, any length, power, and actions. I have a dozen now in the works and I sell them for around $35.00 or so.

I’m adept at building virtually any type of fishing rod with over 35 years experience. If interested in a rod or you would like one custom made let me know. I live in Canon City, CO. 719-371-1132.

For more info on the rods and the parts I used on the builds just ask.

Willing to trade a rod for a good fly reel also.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
With parts, it can be as quick as 2 days for me....

Harry,

Do you block your sandpaper when turning your cork?

Baetis, that cork is heavier than normal cork, some just a little, but the burl stuff weighs 3 or 4 times that or regular cork. It's nice to see another builder on here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jim for the compliment. I build the rod for the individual, considering his/her dimensions, type of fishing, reel and line choices and cosmetic preferences (thread work). Thread designs can take me a couple of days to a couple of hours, and adding for snail mail I usually can have the rod completed and delivered and ask for two or three weeks to complete.
Below are some examples of some build that took me a few hours to days to finish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Koldkut. Allot of years ago I did block and sand, but most of the customers wanted the handle, longer, thicker, thinner, and on, and on, and on, LOL. So after building hundreds of handles I can actually turn any handles by eye to meet or exceed the customers wishes.
Your right about burl cork weighting more, but unless your a totally finesse fisher person you will not feel the extra weight. Most customers want a custom built rod to also look custom made, and not a factory looking rod that's built for every angler. There's allot of ways to minimize weight and still have a custom look, if that's what the customer wants.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
down2fish. I buy allot of brand new broken rods from the fishing stores that I strip, cut and remake for Ice rods, that way I can build any length, and from about any action from ultra light to extra heavy actions. I also use them to do a lot of repairs so I usually have allot of parts on hand to do fast repairs.
I order rods & parts from numerous rod companies, so I can get just about any rod manufacturers inventory on blanks, guides, and so on. I hope I answered your question, and thanks for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts