Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did some fishing recently at Vega Reservoir...Never had been there before and I'm happy I went! Landed into some really nice and thick Cutbow Trout and Rainbow Trout! Also, ran into a trout that looked like a victim of some Lippin in it's past...unfortunate:(

Also got some really nice aerial views with the drone throughout the day, especially at sunset! Check out the video and enjoy!! Going Ice Fishing the next few days up at Grand Mesa! Wish me Luck!:thumb:

https://youtu.be/hRAuDEqM7T8

·
Registered
664 Posts
I really love Vega, they have some football trout in there and it's a fun place to ice fish too. Will make a weekend trip out there this year!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really love Vega, they have some football trout in there and it's a fun place to ice fish too. Will make a weekend trip out there this year!
I can't wait to get back up there to hit the ice...hoping it won't be too long!! That will be a fun time, lets get it:thumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
learn how to handle them

In your vids you talk about being gentle, they are fragile, and then you keep them out of the water way too long and roll them in the dirt like a breaded chicken cutlet. C'mon man. Shame to see it with such nice fish.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In your vids you talk about being gentle, they are fragile, and then you keep them out of the water way too long and roll them in the dirt like a breaded chicken cutlet. C'mon man. Shame to see it with such nice fish.
We kept most fish that day. Please make sure you get the details down before commenting. It doesn't matter if they roll in the dirt if they're on a stringer and in a smoker later. As far as keeping a fish out too long, most of those fish were out for about 20 seconds max and swam away fine and fast. You CLEARLY didn't watch/listen to the whole video, please don't comment unless you do.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Don't worry about it Tyler, people are always going to criticize peoples fishing, you put out a great message in your videos to get the fish back in the water quickly and that is important for those viewing the videos. It's a learning experience for everyone.

Only difference between few of us and others is that we record it on video for public share. :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry about it Tyler, people are always going to criticize peoples fishing, you put out a great message in your videos to get the fish back in the water quickly and that is important for those viewing the videos. It's a learning experience for everyone.

Only difference between few of us and others is that we record it on video for public share. :D
Thanks Cro! Appreciate the kind words...Just annoying when people comment and don't even watch the full video:( And yes...everyone is guilty of doing something a little wrong when landing a fish, even if it is only every so often. Idk anyone that is 100% in their life; landing fish by the book every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts