Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Laker Taker took home a check, I think it was 4th or 5th place. Don and his partner also took home a check. Round one goes to Don. Ken is a little shaky on his feet put will be back swinging hard in round two. My boat had the proplem of getting fish to measure above that magic 18" mark. A couple teams weighed the max 5 fish limit. I think half of the field weighed fish. With a couple of youth teams also weighing. I think we had 3-4 youth teams and at least that many mix teams.

Great weather on Sunday. Started a little cold and warmed up nicely. Wind did pick up a few times during the day.

JT

·
Registered
75 Posts
My partner and I boated 15 fish but only 3 measured. We weighed in 6.56lbs, just out of the money! I think the most disappointing part was releasing what could have been a wonderful dinner. It was my first tourney, so I guess we didn't fare too bad for "rookies" The wind after lunch made boat handling a little difficult, but the bite sure picked up.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
yes congrats to the winners and to there knowledge of catching those walleye's . I saw the report and seems about 50/50 for bringing in a fish to weigh. I however did not bring in any fish but it was a great learning experience for my 1st tournament.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
20 of 37 teams weighed fish. Total weight was 129.77 on 45 fish. I too blanked (on weighing fish) but caught some and had a good time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We stopped by the dam area, on the other side of the lake from the Marina, and watched some guys in boats around the area........couldn't see anyone catching anything though. However, did notice some ski boats "whizzing" around the lake and coming kind of close to you guys fishing. Idiots.....a plain and simple word for them!
Was also there when the wind came up at a pretty good clip around noon.
I guess Aurora will be pretty crowded next Saturday for that trout tournament....right??
Cody

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aurora will definately be crowded. Lots o kiddies swordfighting with thier mickey mouse rods. I'll be there. ;D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I was a little disappointed in the outcome, we had 2 keepers in the livewell by 9:30 AM. I thought we'd be able to put together a limit for sure, then the bite died for us and we were only able to add 1 more fish to the livewell. :( We ended up with a check for 7th place with 7.39 lbs. It was fun!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Adrian!!! Adrian!!!
bwahaahaahahaahahahahahahahhahaaa!!!...

And how did the bigger, older, smarter brother do?

Sorry I didnt make the weigh in...was waiting for the wipers at Aurora...they didnt show either...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Sounds like Ken's still licking his wounds to me. ;D

Didn't make mention of my partner? I could understand that comment if I said "I" all the time. What does "we" mean to you?

Just for the record, you're right Ken. Gene caught every fish and I got skunked! I was just along for the ride. ;) I'm deeply sorry that you guys only caught 2 fish all day. Hopefully the thought of me being skunked helps to heal your wounds brother, LOL.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Ken - The technique we used was on for some, just not for us.  Robert Hartman atteended the South Chapter meeting where I disclosed what was working for me the last few weeks prior to the tourney.  He sent me an e-mail tonight.  He got this one Saturday using that technique.  If he logs onto this site, I'll let him tell what he wants since he caught it. But it will likely get him big fish of the month for the South Division. I just wish he could have saved it for Sunday. Visit the CWA site (www.cwaonline.net) for more info...should have a tourney recap and results up in the next few days.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Have fished tournaments for many, many years and figured out long ago that the very
worst thing that can happen is that you get to spend a whole day or two fishing.  It
just doesn't get any better than that.  Why fish will bite on one side of the boat and
not on the other is a puzzle that I am still trying to figure out.  Over the long haul, it
averages out to where both sides seem to be about even.

L

·
0 Posts
Suprised no one brought a 10+ lber to the scales yesterday...
That suprised me also. In fact I expected a lot more limits would be caught also. We were really getting down that we didn't have a limit, we fully expected that it would take 5 fish to place in the money and size would be the winning factor.

We caught several 'eyes (all but 3 were undersized, turn-in was 8lbs & change), one big crapie and a couple pesky trout. I had a good time and thats what it's about.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Got a report last night that a guy I know did catch a 13lb walleye during the tournament.
It came off the hump out from the tower. If he had been in the tourny, most of
the money teams would have been bumped down a notch.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wow, Thats the best I've heard about coming out of CC this year. my personal best so far is 8 plus. (released )
I bet (since he fish on weekends) he wished he would have been in the tournament.... he could have cashed a check to make a repo of it.

On Friday before the tournament the DOW dumped a truck load of slimmers. I figured everybody was going to have problems with those little things jumping on everybodys hooks.

L

·
0 Posts
4.9 lbs I think, if I remember right. I want to say 3rd place team caught it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts