Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
445am woke up, got dressed

506am on the road to hunt meat hill , madcatter has been scouting it for a couple of weeks now (thanks by the way)

632am, the roads were bad, but got to the spot, and started the walk up gnarly hill

0715 got to my spot and it was already legal shooting light, looked to my right way up on the top of another draw and i saw my buck, ranged him at around 280 yards,,walked about ten yards towards him got a big branch for a rest and let some lead fly, I thought I smacked him on the first shot cause he went behind some rocks and did not come back out

0725 he was pretty slick, he tried backing out of the cover that he was in, but i was watching, i had covered some more ground towards him so ruff estimate i was about 240 yards away from him when he spotted me, he turned and started to jump away, this time it was a pure reaction shot, follow him in the scope for two jumps and let some lead fly, this time hitting my mark, a real nice 4x4 mule deer buck , leftover tag, public land, im pretty stoked considering this was my only day to hunt this year

1030am back to the truck

1130am dropped him off at steves meat-market

1200pm at home watching movies with curly

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sweet! Nice job man - can't beat tagging out in a limited timeframe and top it off with a very nice buck! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thats a really nice buck for leftover tag. What unit you get him in? I'm helping my brother thursday through sunday with his 4th season tag. We spotted a bunch of elk and a couple nice muleys on our scouting trip last weekend. Congrats

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The_Mad_Catter™ said:
Nice deer man. I will be back at em tomorrow
wish you saw that go down today, but I thank you for the info and the ATV ride back to the truck, If you need help getting yours out let me know, ill pull a night shift

they had to cut out about ten different spots on his front shoulder's do to battle wounds from this years rut, by the looks of him he wasn't the only big dog on that hillside, all fresh puncture wounds there going at it somewere close by, good luck my brother! its going to look sweet euro mounted!

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
krueger said:
Thats a really nice buck for leftover tag. What unit you get him in? I'm helping my brother thursday through sunday with his 4th season tag. We spotted a bunch of elk and a couple nice muleys on our scouting trip last weekend. Congrats
sorry bro its not my spot! but always has leftovers ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts