Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*apologies to terre... i completely spaced out calling you on thursday to see if you wanted to meet up with us since I was on call saturday morning. next time we will fish granby and I will get you breakfast. I'm sorry.

my girlfriend and i decided to celebrate our 1 year dating/hump buddy anniversary by combining the best things in life into one. saturday night, we got a cheap cabin on grand lake... and we bought pizza, beer and drilled some holes out in front.. and ice fished while enjoying the fireworks. we only saw a few fish on the vex, but the pizza and beer was awesome!

the next day we drove over to the fork after stuffing our faces with fat cats huevos rancheros... we fished the wall area in front of pike flats, couldnt really find fish so we went out to the main body of the lake. we had better luck chasing the suspended fish, (usually par for the course for willys in mid winter) using heavy jigs and frozen shiners. we worked together... since shes still relatively novice at the ice game. she figured it out and we landed 6 eater lake trout together... shes also tough as nails, fished through a snow squall and didnt bat an eye.

i mention the lake because theres lots of slush around... i hardly saw slush at williams fork.
hope all is well with you, and youre catching fish. if I can manage it... I'm going to try to go to the western slope with the lady to go on a perch mission...

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Right on Dave, sounds like a fun trip! How much snow on the Fork and ice thickness?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice Dave, Grand lakes a fun place even if the fishing sucks.
Can't beat the food from the skinny *****.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"1 year dating/hump buddy anniversary"

I'm sure she really appreciates that???
yes she did! we ate pizza, drank beer and I broke her jager cherry since she never drank it before in her life.

Tony, ice was 10 inches with about 4-6 inches of powder on top. easy to walk on for sure.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the holes out in front of the cabin aren't the only holes you drilled.
A gentleman never tells and a real fisherman is an encyclopedia of secrets.... Hahahahaha....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts