Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off...I have completely slacked on fishing reports this year...and I apologize. To sum up the year...lots of dinks...no big ones...pretty slow for us other than the full moon open where we placed 12th....and last night where the action was killer.

HookMeUp and I fished from the boat from 2:45 to 10:00. Hookmeup landed a sweet bass on the second cast off of a main lake point...she was far bigger than anything we weighed at the tourney...bout 4 lbs easy. From there...action for bass was sporadic but all keeper sized fish. At dusk...the wallys came out to play. We each landed several fish mainly on a pearl colored twistertail...but some came on an olive x-rap. We kept a couple keepers for the table...and released the rest. All fish were very fat...getting ready for winter. What a sweet night weather wise...good times. Also...CSU scored enough to keep the cannon echoing off the canyon walls all evening. :) Hookmeup has a pic of his bass...but my computer is out so I can't post it...sorry!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ya it was a pretty good night. We would probably have stayed later but that cold front was moving in and it started raining pretty good around 10:00 pm.

The first keeper eye I caught was a first cast on a pearl tube with a black jig head. He just smacked it....or should I say she...couple of the keepers we kept were already startin their egg sacks for this spring.

Over all it was a good night...............maybe it wasn't the last boat trip of the year Mogul....this weather keeps up and we may have to do a few more. :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts