Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the windy reservoir today only there was no wind to be had. so I know this is going to make everyone laugh and thats ok but what I really need is help.so I'm fishing and I hook and land a trout nothing great typical stocker twelve to fourteen and the fish falls off and disappeared in the channel at the bottom of the boat. the one that runs from the front of the boat to the back by the drain plug. now what. I came home, filled the boat with water lifted the bow almost four feet high and let it drain and still can't find the little slimer. I need advice I can't pull the floor off without pulling the seat, the foam compartment etc. the boat is a fourteen foot Starcraft aluminum I need advice.by the way windy reservoir was good fishing today lots of perch a few walleye and of course some slimers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure what your boat looks like but could you possibly do the reverse of what you did and drop the bow instead of raising it and see if it shows up where it went in?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I wasn't clear it went in at the back of the boat by where the drain plug is, thats why I lifted the bow hoping it would slide back. right now I have the boat semi filled with water hoping it will either float back or rot and come out. short of tearing the boat apart I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Stuff a cat under there!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Go buy a Trout Magnet....

That might be the worst pun I've ever used.

Some pictures might help. I'm guessing it's caught on one of the ridges running horizontally accross the boat.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Stuff a cat under there!
Let me know how that works out for ya! A friend told me that someone talked him into throwing a cat in a swimming pool when he was young. Blood was involved!:eek::eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts