Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my GLoomis NRX yesterday :eek:, 7'5" Med Hev paired it up with a Revo Premier! MAN ITS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to use it in the RMTS at PBLO tomorrow!! Guys may want to keep a eye out many GLX's could be up for sale!!!

;D ;) O0

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Nice! You should really try a custom phenix.

Not to take away from the NRX, but it's a good stick, way overpriced IMO. The new Phenix blanks that are due out in June will put a spanking on the NRX.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Koldkut said:

Not to take away from the NRX, but it's a good stick, way overpriced IMO. The new Phenix blanks that are due out in June will put a spanking on the NRX.
Nah I dont pay full Price! ;) ;D I get them for under $300 You cant take anything away from the NRX. I get to go to the Dealer shows and get to pick up & shake alot of rods before they are on the market. Nothing was even close to this rod. Everyone waits for Gloomis then copies it. Got to see St Coix's proto type of the same tech that will be out next year and be cheaper. My Cousin's buddy is sponsered by Phenix and when we fish together at Diamond Valley I played with his rods. They are ok nothing that impressed me to say Wow. They are about on Par with Dobyns rods but I like dobyns better. But to each his own! I will wait to see what the new rod feels like to give it another chance.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
HOGMASTER said:
Koldkut said:

Nah I dont pay full Price! ;) ;D I get them for under $300 You cant take anything away from the NRX. I get to go to the Dealer shows and get to pick up & shake alot of rods before they are on the market. Nothing was even close to this rod. Everyone waits for Gloomis then copies it. Got to see St Coix's proto type of the same tech that will be out next year and be cheaper. My Cousin's buddy is sponsered by Phenix and when we fish together at Diamond Valley I played with his rods. They are ok nothing that impressed me to say Wow. They are about on Par with Dobyns rods but I like dobyns better. But to each his own!
I don't like Phenix factory offerings either, BTW. If your not paying retail, stick with it, $300 is a helluva deal there.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice George!
Not my thing as they aren't built for me but most people like em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts