Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
now your talking my neck o the woods,

lots of trout fair number of hold overs and fish that were stocked as fingerlings mostly bows/cutbows and a few browns

i going to try to pull a tiger thru the ice here this year i got a few suckers in the freezer just waiting to go the lake also has smallmouths in it but dont know if they produce thru the ice

if you get up this way for some ice fishing drop me a line im always looking for an excuse to drill holes close to home

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info roadkill. My friend has a place in the Bull Domingo Ranch about a mile from De Weese so I'll get up there a few times in the winter. When does De Weese freeze?

I heard there were wallye in there. Does the ice cap get pretty thick, can I take my snowmobile?....

Fly Chucker

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i ussually start fishing round xmass but you could probly get out earlyer cause by xmass the ice is ussually 8-10 thick atleast and it gets 18-20 in jan

definately thick enough for a snowmobile but i havent found any good info on the legality the old mechanic at all seasons up here told me he takes his race snowmobile out there from time to time

it is a dow property so a call to them might help

the last couple years the lake was low going into the winter and it would fill thru the winter making it fun to get on the ice as there was sometimes 10' of open water so i would always wear rubber boots just to get on the ice also it was common to have water coming up thru the hole leaving you fishing in a few inches of slush although this year the lake is still quite high if it holds it might not be as bad?

never seen nor heard of any walleye or perch comming from the lake i can only dream id never have to leave the mountain lol

trout,small mouth,tigers

i have seen some small panfish shaped kinda like a gill but with a much larger mouth caught in the rocks and ofcourse there are still some suckers but not like it used to be from what i hear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts