Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several posts refering to deadsticking. What is this? I believe in bass fishing its letting the bait rest motionless on the bottom. Is it the same for ice fishing, only suspended off the bottom?
Thanks,
Mule

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
If you fish two rods and actively jig one of them, many times the jigging will bring trout in, but they hit the one you are deadsticking.

When I use the term "deadstick" I mean just that, hanging there absolutely motionless.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From another post: ""Deadsticking" - Suspended bait near bottom. A real good way to lose a pole." LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Being widely known for that act alone is more than a little misleading, I just deadsticked a few runts when that was all that would work! As to losing the rig down the hole, that is what the ROD HOLDERS are designed for. I know, **** happens. Some setups work everytime but ONE. My point is, if you fish two rods, and don't want them too close to each other, one is left still at any one time. Thanks for listening. DSD

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for clearing all that up! I thought it was when you and the wife plan "the special night" and she ends up falling asleep, so you left there "dead sticking". ::)

On a serious note I find dead sticking to be very effective. I couldn't have said it better then Slayerfish. If it aint mov'in it's dead sticking. It's helpfull when you have one rod jigging and the other dead sticking. Play around with different parts of the water column and I'm sure you'll be most successful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts