Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't plan on putting alot of weight up top. My inflatable kayak weighs about 50 lbs and is 11 ft long and the water skeeter pontoon boat is about the same weight. Yakimma has a rail system for racks on toppers, jeeps etc. if the weight is spread out it should be ok. Once i get the money saved for a raft and fishing frame it will be on a trailer.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had a Gem Top on my 86 Toyota. I had Yakima racks (front and back) on the topper and carried my 9 foot pontoon on it with no problems. Pontoon weighed 45 pounds empty and a bit more if I had fishing gear in the bags. Never a problem getting the pontoon up on the racks and tying it down. Traveled very well.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
How long did you have to look (and how far did you have to travel) to find that truck? Seems like a bit of a Unicorn. Toyota, low miles, stick. Can't be many of those around.
Well here is your unicorn sighting! But I think I will name her Moby, after the mythical white whale! Took her out on a shakedown cruise yesterday. Up thru redfeather, deadman rd over sand creek pass to the Laramie river and Hohnholts and then down the poudre. Drove some old logging roads etc. Everything work flawlessly. Averaged 18/gal. Love my new classic truck!

View attachment 23417

IMG_20160723_105003180[1].jpg

IMG_20160722_140809834[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
You need to read the story The Mountain car by Patrick McManus. The way you wrote your story reminded me of the way he wrote his. I'm sure you'll like it
Hmmmm... did you read the McManus story carefully to be sure there were no plagiarized passages? DumbInDurango might go up bugz ass if there were. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, taking into account the fact that she had run 450k miles on the original engine, which is really impressive, it was the right time to get broken and die. At least, I am glad, and you also have to be thankful that you are fine, and nothing bad happened to you. I have had a similar situation with my car, a 2004 toyota land cruiser prado. However, I have actually fixed it, due to the help of www.cararac.com. They are having a lot of really great article that might help you understand your car.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts