Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I decided to do some fly fishing. It was relatively nice out so I figured why not. I was definitely going to go fishing somewhere today and as I was weighing my options I realized that hitting the river and drifting some flies would be awesome. We went out and did pretty good. I probably caught into the low double digits for rainbows and got into one smaller brown. Nothing too big but I had a couple fish put up some epic fights. Sight nymphing to feeding trout and watching them react when your fly is in the strike zone is always exciting. I was watching this guy try to catch this one particular trout for like ten minutes with his spinning gear as I was taking a break. He told me to give it a shot really quick and I stuck her on the first cast so that was pretty sweet, too. I have a bunch more pictures but I don't really have a lot of time to put this together tonight. You can see the sz18 shrimp in the corner of the trouts mouth in the close-up. Hopefully I'll be able to post some more before Christmas. I definitely wanna put in as much time as I can over the break. Merry Cristmas!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
What was the spin guy throwing?
Couldn't have been the issue. Nor could his technique, color choice or the fact he wasted ten minutes on one measly slimer. Had to be one of those "elitist trout" that only hit flies and not lures (See 'em all the time).

Great post BTW Whomp and nice pics.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice WPC!

I am with you Bionic. I hate winter as well, only good thing about it, there are less fisherman on the soft water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts