Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the night shift last night with my cousin Jeremy(muskieman).... The first 45 minutes we threw jerkbaits with much of anything. After about an hour all we had to show for freezing our balls off were a couple of ok sized rainbows.

I decided to switch up to the good old tube jig. I was working it really slowly off the bottom...pretty much crawling it along with a hop and pause mixed in here and there. The first bite I got was a sold thud!!! Not much of a fight just weight and a few heavy head shakes. First decent fish of the night landed is pictured here.

Same presentation a few minutes later and I get another solid thud. Same fight as before heavy weight with a couple of head shakes.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After that we fished for a while longer and Jeremy got into them using an xrap. Nothing to big but he was landing them one right after another.

I'd share what kind of tube and jighead I was using but I found it in the bottom of my tackle bag. I'm betting it had been sitting there for the better part of five years. It was off white with black spots, and the jighead had a rattle. The tube was about 3 1/2-4 inches long.

Both fish hit about 40 feet from shore on the tube.... Jeremy was catching his anywhere from right off the bank to 10 feet out.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nice job guys. Glad mother nature was smiling upon you (and that 5 year old tube), cause she sure wasn't nice to us last night (see report ? @ Chatfield).
Sure helps keep the balls warm catching fish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts