Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just so happy to be out on the water. It's been way too long between fishing trips for me unfortunately. I didn't feel like going to far, so went to Deckers and it was packed. Cars at at every little parking pull off. I was probably the only one not fly fishing, at least that I saw. I decided to take spinning gear. I fished from 12:00 to 3:00 and just caught one healthy 15-16" rainbow on a small rapala countdown lure in brown trout pattern. Saw a couple of other fish, but no other bites. Sure is crowded down there on weekends and holidays, but I guess that's true of most tailwaters on nice days in the winter. I hope to just get out more often in the upcoming months.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Thank god the illegals cant baitdunk a river. Its bad enough that area is like antero.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Unless I'm hiking into Cheeseman Canyon I see trash pretty much everywhere, Jefferson, Chatfield, Clear Creek, Bear Creek, you name it there's trash, come to think of it even in Cheeseman Canyon.

Though I'll admit Antero is especially bad.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gracias por la actualización de Deckers.

Muy apreciado.
Con mucho gusto.

With regards to the comments about trash, unfortunately it's in too many beautiful places here in our great state. I always carry a plastic garbage bag in my vest and try to clean up a little bit every time I go. Another thing I noticed is that the growth of grass / algae in the river around the Deckers area is quite substantial this year compared to the last 3 years.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was up there the day before (when the Broncos were playing) and it was probably equally as crowded! I made my way downstream past Trumbull to find a parking area that had room for me to fish between other groups.

I had no luck on flies and saw no fish down there. I made my way up to Deckers for last light, again, people still on the water but at least every run wasn't taken. Saw a few fish up there, but my 6x tippet must have been too big or something. Yeah that's it, blame it on the gear.

There's tons of grass in the water, I was cleaning my flies or leader after almost every cast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts