Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Fun place to catch a few for sure. Might have to get up there and huck some lures now that the pressure is off a little with ice season.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Anybody been up to Deckers lately? I hear it's picking up, but would be nice to hear that from someone who doesn't work at the fly shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We were at Deckers Friday. Combat fishing at it's best, however the fishing was on midday. Just driving by trying to find a place to park, one out of every ten fisherman had a fish on both upstream of the bridge and down. Upstream of the "rock" was a little to skinny and I didn't see much action there.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Made it up to Deckers yesterday for the first time this year. Water is a bit low (~45CFS), but lots of bug / fish activity. Larger fish seem to be hanging in the deeper water (runs / pools). Stones must be getting ready; there were a number of larger stonefly nymphs in the water, but none coming off yet (at least when I was there).

Landed 5-6; nothing big (average 15").

I must say it's hard to get used to all the people at Deckers, and the road right by the river kills some of the ambiance. Think I'll try to stick to Cheesman Canyon when I head up that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts