Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up the Deckers-Trumbull area yesterday and did ok. It was not windy there like it was in Denver, and the temp. was in the mid to upper 50s. Every once in awhile, we would get a wind burst that made it difficult to cast, but they were of short duration. Actually, a pretty good day for fishing. Caught 7 and lost about as many. My friend did about the same. The fish were not hitting on anything in particular - I caught the same number on a red copper john, a black and green thing (see posts by Silcone Boy, PD4, et al on the free living caddis in the fly fishing forum), and a tan scud. All were size 18 or smaller. Something different this trip - the fish had moved into shallow riffles and we caught some in 6 inches of water as well as the normal holes. Except for 2 other fisherman, we had the area to ourselves. I'm guessing the threat of high winds kept everyone away.

On the way back, I bought ribs at that county store located about halfway between Sedalia and Deckers. Best ribs in town and the best sauce anywhere.

M

·
0 Posts
There's another rib crib that's pretty good. A little bit of a different approach but Hog Heaven on 285 at the top of Crow Hill (across from the Conoco) is awesome. I'm looking forward to comparing! Thanks for the report (on ribs and fishing)!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
When you walk into Hog Heaven (awesome place), there's a Chef doll (from South Park, the series) sitting on the counter. Is the owner the inspiration for the chef character? I mean, he does live in South Park and he must be the only black person who lives there. I've always wondered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try the rib place at Crow Hill. I'm always searching for the perfect ribs and will stop there next time I go west slope. If you stop at the county store between Deckers and Sedalia and buy those ribs, get the spicy BBQ sauce. Incredible stuff. I use it now when I BBQ at home. Good fishing, cold beer and great ribs all in one day - doesn't get much better than that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts