Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

About a week and a half ago, my team and I took a trip deep into the mountains starting at 3AM! We got up to Grand Mesa, strapped on the snowshoes, and started our several mile adventure in the dark. Most of the walk was uphill so we were exhausted by the time we got there. I landed 5 really nice ones! All of various sizes, all with nice colors! We also got some really nice drone footage throughout the day, including some nice sunrise shots of the area!! I also just got my new electric augur in two days prior to heading up there (Thanks CRO)...thank goodness because 2-3 feet of hand auguring all day would've been a nightmare!

I had a blast editing this, so I hope you all enjoy it :thumb:

If not, here are some pictures of some of the fish!!;D

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
I told you already on YouTube (I am Opportunity Fishing on there) but this is probably my favorite video of yours. It is hard to capture how special those out of the way lakes are, but you did it well in this one! Kudos!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I told you already on YouTube (I am Opportunity Fishing on there) but this is probably my favorite video of yours. It is hard to capture how special those out of the way lakes are, but you did it well in this one! Kudos!
Thanks troutbiscuits! Good to know that's you. I really appreciate that! I was happy with how that video came out with the edits. Wish we had some better light to highlight some of the walk in but idk if we would've wanted the extra weight. It's really special up there imo and I'm glad to share it with you all! Can't wait to make a video there in the summer!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Thanks Waterfowler! It was a fun day but rough on the body. Glad we got into some good fish...Next time we're bringing snowmobiles though lol. ;D

Lol, I was wondering what you and your crew thought when you crested that hill and saw those tracks. If it was disheartening, you powered right through it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, I was wondering what you and your crew thought when you crested that hill and saw those tracks. If it was disheartening, you powered right through it!

Haha it wasn't that bad. There was a snowmobile competition up there that was just finishing up that day. The weather was nice all weekend so we knew the tracks wouldn't get covered...We were expecting some tracks, actually hoped for some as the snow was super deep....HOWEVER, renting snowmobiles was a topic of conversation after the first mile and seeing the tracks lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts