Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems that every big fish we catch from there is just a pig in girth, i can never get the pictures to come out so people can see that,some of these fish are 12+ inches in girth. all we are catching right now are the females, they must be getting ready to go through their spawn motions, they dont seem to have any eggs yet but by the time the tourney hits next month they always seem to have a bunch.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Footballs!!! The delaneys sound like they are great fishing!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are actually pretty tough to fish , we have been fishing every weekend since thanksgiving for like 4 fish big enough for pics, we saw some real pigs under us though. if we can figure them out there will be pics for sure.. just a couple of big fish makes all the hundreds of hours trying worth it.. watching one of those monsters swim up to your jig and the anticipation of it as it turns away only to turn right back and then woop it's gone for just a second as the big boy sucks it in, are your reflexes fast enough to set the hook before he spits it, fish on, drag screaming, will my 4lb test hold, is my drag loose enough, as he shakes his head right under the ice,will he cut my line on the hole,he's getting closer,get him out of the hole fast, don't let him back down the hole, is my hook gonna hold,please don't straighten out now,whew he's in the net,get the camera and lets get him back in the water.. sorry got a little carried away, at least i hope that is the senario when i get a double digit fish on there. it'll happen some day. till then i'm just putting in my hours...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Puting in hours catching 5+ pound fish occaisionally like in your photos sounds fine to me :D Jamie, have you ever tried a small 1/8 or 1/16 oz bucktail? They are great for trout that need to be finessed. Untipped works just as well as tipped with these lures for the bows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts