Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New for 2014 Denver Bassmasters will be hosting a series of Open tournaments. All tournaments are 1 day derbies. You do not have to be a member of the club to fish. The only requirements are that you have 300K liability insurance on your boat, livewell capable of keeping a limit of Bass alive, and sign a waiver of liability. You can fish these alone, or with a partner. There is no age restriction. $50 per boat payable at the ramp. Our intention with this series is to create a non-competitive environment where folks can introduce themselves, their children, neighbors, significant others or friends to tournament fishing fun. The first one is this Saturday:

March 15th Pueblo Co

South Marina Boat Ramp : Parking Lot
Registration @ 6:15 am
Pre Tourney Meeting 7:00 am
Launch @ 8:00 am
Weigh in at South Marina Courtesy Docks @ 3:30 pm
$50 Cash only
Please have your 300k insurance papers ready.

Please don't be shy and ask questions here if you are interested...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Gonna be a tough bite-water temp is still 40 main lake.

Found 44-45 west.

Hint.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Ive had some great days with water between 38-42. Im going to see if a friend of mine wants to team up.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Let me know if you need a wing man
My boat is down and out for now, it needs a new ECU so I was going to be the wing man. Once I get it up and running ill keep you in mind for other tourneys. I really want to hit a few in neb and KS this summer.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Just pulled up the weather forecast for tomorrow-winds to 28MPH. You
wouldn't catch me out on that lake with wind like that.

Whoever fishes tomorrow has bigger ones than me.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the wind FC I have seen call for 5-10 until mid afternoon when it gets a bit breezier. Should be a great day on the water.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Yah, depends on where you look. Weather channel has up to 28, NOAA has 15-20 by afternoon.

Been fishing that lake for a long time and USUALLY the wind forecast is lower than what it actually ends up being.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
2014 Open Schedule:

• March 15th - Pueblo, CO
  • March 29th - Boyd, CO
  • May 31st - Aurora, CO
  • July 12th - Pueblo, CO
  • August 9th - Lonetree, CO
  • August 23rd - Horsetooth, CO
  • November 1st - Pueblo, CO

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Stupid question but...5 fish limit?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Curious as to hear about the turn out and what the results were. I would have liked to make it down but waiting on a few parts for the boat.

Question to the DBM guys? How do you get around the insurance deal without people being a club member? We are putting toether a pickle jar series but it can't be associated with "the club". First one is may 15th8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts