Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on whether the Denver Boat show is worth the time? I am sure it is great for comparing different brands, etc., but can you actually get a deal there that you can't get somewhere else? Looking to possibly buy a pontoon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yes IMO.
You have to know the cost of the same boat at regular retail prices to be able to compare prices.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
IMO, the best time to buy a boat is September/October.

The 2nd best is at the boat show.

You will almost certainly get a better deal at the Boat Show than you will buying in the next couple of months.

And if you call one of the dealers you are shopping, they will likely leave you complimentary tickets at will-call.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Several manufacturers are offering incentives right now through the end of January, including Alumacraft, Crestliner, G3, and Lund. Since the fall, many manufacturers have also been offering year-end model discounts. I would think that the best time to buy a boat is when the manufacturers offer a discount. I am not sure the dealers have any incentive to offer any extra discount at a boat show. Maybe they are more motivated to give up profit as a promotional effort during the boat show?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Several manufacturers are offering incentives right now through the end of January, including Alumacraft, Crestliner, G3, and Lund. Since the fall, many manufacturers have also been offering year-end model discounts. I would think that the best time to buy a boat is when the manufacturers offer a discount. I am not sure the dealers have any incentive to offer any extra discount at a boat show. Maybe they are more motivated to give up profit as a promotional effort during the boat show?
Ao! We haven't seen you in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts