Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a cold spell coming, but when it warms up again any of you all up for getting a group together to chase Carp and Troutskies in the urban Denver area?

I was driving down Santa Fe and pulled off right behind the Englewood golf course and Red and Jerry's. Water was low and dirty, so I put on a bright pink SJ worm and an egg. Caught a nice 13-14" bow and lost a 5-6 lb fish. Not sure what it was. I rolled it and it snapped my line. Poorly tied not - Nice! I am assuming it was a Carp by its coloring. 1/2 hr of fishing and I had to go. Want to put in some hours the next time and explore this place. The trout were real fat and healthy, but damn that place smells!!!

Lots of you said you wanted to meet up and chase some of these big fish on another thread, so I thought I would thow it out there and get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Let me know when and where........

Bob

·
Registered
60 Posts
Heck yeah, I'm in! We can play 9 at englewood, catch some trout and carp, and finish the day with Black n' Tans at the Celtic Tavern on Bellevue. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! Looks like we have a big crew to do some damage on the old platte in town. I will try and organize a meeting spot and time by end of this weekend. It will be a nice chance to meet a bunch of you from the board. I am sure we all run across each other on the streams and don't even know it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not this week for me. With the 2 shows going I am locked tight.

Bob

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 7th would work for me as well. Looks like some nice weather too. Does that work for most everyone?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I don't care if folks meet up or not, I'm going to fish somewhere on that river......would be nice to meet some folks though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd be interested in doing some fishn' this Fri. Looks like temps are forecasted to warm up a bit over the next couple days.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Always easy to move around. Anyone interested in meeting over off of Santa Fe and Union behind Centennial lake? Friday? I can get there around 8:30. There is a pull off right there behind the baseball fields and across from the dump. Haha.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Troutslayer said:
Always easy to move around. Anyone interested in meeting over off of Santa Fe and Union behind Centennial lake? Friday? I can get there around 8:30. There is a pull off right there behind the baseball fields and across from the dump. Haha.
I'm game! I've got at least an hour and a half commute, so if I get there early, I may suite up and hit the water, but won't be far from there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts