Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to one of our Denver reservoirs right before sundown. I worked a Shad colored shadow rap on a sweep-pause retrieve. I give the lure a good jerk and then pause for up to fifteen seconds or so. Both the trout and the eye hit on the pause and were pretty aggressive so my line just started peeling out. It’s a fun retrieve...and effective. Don’t have a pic of the bow but it was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody caught a couple big shad and threw them on the bank. I saw someone foul hook one that was even bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That is really interesting. Is it an invasive fish? Looks like it would produce a really nice fillet. Last picture reminds me of a tilapia.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Gizzard shad-they can get big. Wish we had threadfin shad here but the winters are too cold.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
That is really interesting. Is it an invasive fish? Looks like it would produce a really nice fillet. Last picture reminds me of a tilapia.
Not invasive... stocked for forage.
Fantastic cat bait since they stink so bad.
Nothing but bones and oil... I wouldn't eat one for a thousand bucks... unless I was starving to death and that is all that was available, maybe not even then lol.

·
Registered
592 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts