Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Moab camping with the kiddo next week. I'm wondering if it'd be a good time to try the lakes/reservoirs along I70. Unfortunately we are both beginners (so far caught mostly stocked trout with dough/worm/spinners), not sure where to go what to use. We always catch and release - don't care about size just looking for some bites for fun. Can you guys recommend some general locations and techniques? So far we plan to stay the 1st night near Rifle so we can spend some time fishing at Dillon, Harvey Gap State Park, and Rifle Gap State Park. Not sure if Georgetown Lake is still good - there seemed to be too many ice fishers over the winter. On the 2nd day we plan to try the James M. Robb Colorado River State Park - the ponds there were recently stocked.

Thanks ahead!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Step up your game and huck some metal in the Colorado river in Glenwood canyon. Or better yet fish the Colorado from State Bridge on down to Dotsero. Little bit more work than dunking P-Bait though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! Looks like it's going to be warm next Saturday along the I70 - we'll fish all the way back from Moab!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts