Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good Walleye spots in the Denver area? I moved here from North Dakota and would like to continue my walleye fishing.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
There are a few good places to fish for walleye in Colorado, The places you hear the most are Bonny Reservoir (east near Burlington) Chatfield and Cherry Creek in the metro area. Also Horsetooth (west of Fort Collins) Carter reservoir and Aurora.

Bear in mind while the fishing can be good for walleyes in Colorado there is a difference between North Dakota and Colorado. If you are accustomed to fishing Sakajawea and catching 20+ inch fish it might be a little of disappointment. For some reason we have lots of trouble catching fish that size. They are there but real tough to catch. Maybe you can educate us on some new techniques, I need all the Help I can get!

Try this link for an earlier thread about favorite walleye lakes. It might help you decide where to try.

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=57.0

What part of ND are you from?

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it took so long for the reply! Thanks for the list of semi-good walleye spots. I just came back from Lake Sakajawea about 3 weeks ago. Maybe the best year yet for nice size eyes. We limited out on anything from 2-3 lbs. Nothing bigger, a couple smaller ones. The day I left my uncle told me the Lake went dead and thinks the lake is turning over already. Either way another great year on Sak. I'm originally from Mandan by the way so I got my fishing done on the Missouri. If you'd like to see some nice pics of some fish caught there this year check out the site below.

http://www.gregisfishing.com/fishing_nd_05.htm

JB

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice pics

Oooh im jealous

T

·
0 Posts
NDWalleye said:
Sorry it took so long for the reply!  Thanks for the list of semi-good walleye spots.  I just came back from Lake Sakajawea about 3 weeks ago.  Maybe the best year yet for nice size eyes.  We limited out on anything from 2-3 lbs.  Nothing bigger, a couple smaller ones.  The day I left my uncle told me the Lake went dead and thinks the lake is turning over already.  Either way another great year on Sak.  I'm originally from Mandan by the way so I got my fishing done on the Missouri. If you'd like to see some nice pics of some fish caught there this year check out the site below.

http://www.gregisfishing.com/fishing_nd_05.htm

JB
Wow.  Nice fishes.  Those were some monster gills and I would like to catch walleyes like that.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Glad to hear you had good success on Sakajawea. My brother in-law lives Bismarck and keeps wondering when I will come fish with him.

With the current price of gas who knows.

Hopefully you will be able to catch your fill of walleye in Colorado. The bite is very slow right now but should start picking up in late september.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts