Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to take my wife out for a steak dinner in Denver that is really special. Not sure what the top selections for this occasion might be, so I thought I'd ask the forum, as it has yielded excellent results in the past.

Any recommendations (or warnings!) would be very appreciated. Thank you! :p

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
BDA2 said:
Isn't The Fort like... Holy Crap Expensive? I'm poor so I've never even bothered to look.
He said he's looking for someplace "really special". Price-wise it's on a par with Morton's, and I've never been disappointed either place.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Go for a drive and talk...

Steaksmith Colorado Springs...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
It ain't special, but it's good and not expensive--Emiline's off Smith Road in Aurora. Probably not the ideal date night place if you're looking for some fancy ambience, though.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really appreciate the responses, guys! Perhaps I should've said that I thought we'd try someplace new. Been to The Fort (loved it), and Buckhorn Exchange (not bad, but). A few places I've heard of but have not visited are Elway's, Morton's, Del Frisco's, Ruth's Chris, and Fuel Cafe.

Please keep the comments coming.

BTW, this is the most interest my wife has ever had in a ColoradoFisherman.com thread! :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
You might want to check out the Peppercorn in Colorado (might actually be Manitou) Springs. Pretty cool - they cook your steak right at your table. Fun to watch the guy work around all the tables that he's cooking at/ Another pretty good place is Luke's in Arvada. Let us know where you go!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BDA2 said:
Hop, Your thread inspired me to look around for a place to take my date Tuesday...
Great, have a swell time! And I will give OpenTable.com a look, BDA2. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bionic Man said:
Del Friscos
Capital Grille
Flagstaff House - Boulder

My experience: Flagstaff House - phenomenal, Capital Grille - not bad, but. (Didn't mention those two - thanks.)

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Hop said:
A few places I've heard of but have not visited are Elway's, Morton's, Del Frisco's, Ruth's Chris, and Fuel Cafe.
I think Ruth's Chris is now out of business.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Del Frisco's is good but my girlfriend and I both think Brooks steakhouse down in Greenwood Villiage is the best in town.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts