Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I really love about fishing is you never know what might happen.

Many of the lakes that I like to fish have debatable ice at best and I am not like DrCro or Slayer and willing to walk on 2.5 inches of ice. Not even for jumbo Perch.

So I went to a lake with a fishing pier and popped some holes off the pier hoping for some panfish. Ended up getting my PB Brown trout on a 1.5 inch tube jig tipped with a wax worm. Sorry the pictures are not better quality. My hands were shaking and I wanted to get the fish back in the water as fast as possible.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice! :thumb:

nice very nice pretty sure I know the lake actually the ice is pretty good, but better safe than sorry
It must be "there." And I guess I "know" where "there" is too then. ;D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice brown for the front range!
Absolutely! I was surprised as heck. I have caught some big Rainbows and Cuttbows up to 27", but this is my first truly large brown (Over 22"). I was just telling my friend that I am planning on getting an annual Wyoming license for the purpose of catching larger browns, and then I got this big brown not far from home.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
went (there) today and found anywhere from four to seven inches of ice everywhere I went fishing was slow managed only four smallmouth four trout and one saugeye wind was wicked after eleven so I called it a day, one trout was a brown not nearly as big as your monster maybe half just can't seem to find the perch anymore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts