Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been serching for detailed maps of the resiviors and lakes. I used to own a big book that broke down each lake like, old railroad tracks, used to be a road here etc etc etc
well I lost them go figure, now I need some new ones. Any Ideas????

·
Registered
131 Posts
Gander Mtn has the big book back in the conventional fishing department if you are talking about the topo book that has Aurora, Cherry Creek, Quincy, Chatfield and all the rest in it. The big book sells for $24.95.--Good Luck

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Almost all the fishing shops have a small map book or you can buy lake specific maps instead of the whole book. I think it is called Fish-N-Map Company. They are great maps.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We bought Fish-N-Map maps at Sportsmans Warehouse. We got one for Chatfield and one for Cherry Creek. We used the one for Chatfield and it helped us pretty good in locating certain areas to fish. If (and when) we do go to Cherry Creek, we don't fish, but do have our Fish Finder on and check out the map as we cruise around the lake.
Cody (cowboyfisherman)

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I d like to add that if I had to do it again id by each lake seperate. I bought the big book and while its nice to have them all together the book doesnt have the hot spots for each lake. Also doesnt have GPS cords. or names of certain parts of each lake.

IMO

/me

L

·
0 Posts
I bought the book several years ago when it first came out, its tore-up, coffee stained, written on and just plain used. Probably the best 25 bucks I ever spent and the most valuable fishing tool in my boat. I have been buying the individual maps for a while now to study at home. I agree with Jay, buy each map one by one as you go to that lake, the individual maps are bigger and more defined.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the great posts. I went to sportsmans wharehousre last night and baught a bunch of the maps, they are from fishncompany and run about $4.50 each

1 - 7 of 7 Posts