Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran around and did some checking on local ponds this weekend, the one that my PB lmb came from winter killed bad :(:(:( Was a great pond with some toads and slab crappie and gills.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Ran around and did some checking on local ponds this weekend, the one that my PB lmb came from winter killed bad :(:(:( Was a great pond with some toads and slab crappie and gills.
:( Sorry to hear that!! I had my #1 favorite summer bass spot Summer kill on me 2 years ago so i know how you feel!!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this rate there will only be a few bass ponds left and they will be packed, lost 2 last winter and 2 this winter AND Highline was drained for dredging, not sure how bad that is going to be. There were monster cats and bass in there

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think the ponds are quite cyclical and the fish will return. I have been seeing some nice bass in 6-10' in other spots.

I believe the amount at highline will easily allow the fish to carry over. Not sure when they will re-fill.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I've got some ponds up here that are looking pretty sad too! My best crappie hole is still capped. I'm pretty worried that it could of winter killed, I iced it twice this year and didn't catch near the fish that I normally do.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
When winter kill occurs do the fish just die and stay at the bottom or do they eventually float after ice melts? I'd assume they sink but I've never really experienced winter kill

1 - 20 of 29 Posts