Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am off to Devils Lake in the morning for a 10 day adventure. Hopefully I will return with some fish in the cooler and some great pics. :fish2:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I am off to Devils Lake in the morning for a 10 day adventure. Hopefully I will return with some fish in the cooler and some great pics. :fish2:
May be the best fresh water fishery in America right now. I am friends with a guide there on Facebook. Every day he posts the results from the day before:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: If anyone can't catch walleye and pike there? They should take up golf, lol.

Good luck and take lots of pics!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
nice, love that place. if you can swing it go out with Jonnie Candle for a day, great guy and guide. He will show you around and get you set up. He charged last year like $175 per person. Eds bait shop also good source for information and supplys.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Have fun Ralpert and be sure to post some pics!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made it as far as Pierre SD on the first day. Checked into the hotel and went across the street to fish for a bit in the Missouri River. Got outfished by my wife:confused2:. Not bad for about and hour of fishing. My other fish were too insignificant to post. Hopefully that will change tomorrow when we get out on the lake.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We only were able to fish for an hour this morning before the weather drove us off the water. We did manage 10 fish in the hour. Five Walleye, three pike, and two white bass. Hopefully we will be back out after the weather passes. Not bad for an hour.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went back out after the storm passed. Caught about at least 30 more walleye, 5 or so pike, and some nice sized white bass. I think i reached my limit for posting pics so i have to go and delete some older ones.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
We arranged some fishing with Johnnie Candle.
Supposed to be a good guide. Every time I hear his name it reminds me of this bit from the 70's show!
Sounds like you're havin a good time, hope the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are fishing with him tomorrow. hopefully we will have some more great
Pics to share.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Sounds like a great time with great fishin!!! Hope the weather doesn't putt-putt ya tomorrow!!! ::) :thumb:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Weather was kind of iffy this morning, so we moved out guide to tuesday. I went out on my own this morning while my wife slept in. The fishing was pretty good.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts