Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iced Deweese for about 3 hours on the 22nd. Gale force winds! Iced a dozen...mostly stockers..couple 16"ers. Fished the north side about 30 feet from the dam. Fished in 40 FOW and marked and caught fish throughout the water column. 55 degrees!...the edge was open for about 5 feet. 15" of solid ice in the middle.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
what time were you there at 11am the winds were calm but they shure did pickup in the afternoon. with all this warmish weather we are getting quite a lot of melt/runoff from the sangres grape creek is really ripping deweese has come up a couple feet this week causing the openwater at the shore can make it fun to get on the ice glad you got out and did god to bad i missed ya i still need to get down ther and soak some suckers for the muskie

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey RoadKill,

Glad to hear Grape creek is up again, last time we were up there we fished below the dam and the creek was down to a trickle. Sure made fishing easy with 100's of brookies and browns stuck in the deep pools. We'll probably be icing Deweese over New years weekend. If you out there and see a Blue Clam1060A frame hut stop by.

FC

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
grape creek below the dam is still a trikle as they are holding back as much as they can to fill the lake. you shure you got brookies below the dam ive fished there alot and have only found browns and cutbows

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Roadkill, They sure loooked like brookies to me, purple and red spots with copper toned bodies. We did catch some browns as well and one decent rainbow 18" right below the dam, I'll take a picture next time and let you decide.

best,

FC

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
looking forward to the pics, maybe ill see ya down there some time thats one of my favorite spots that is lose and just about always good action

1 - 6 of 6 Posts