Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Sat with a friend from dawn to dark. Good weather, no wind, and about 11 in. good ice with 1 in. snow on top. I caught 15, one being a brown, one a sucker (do you count those?) and the rest rainbows. My friend caught 6, one being a brown and the rest 'bows. The bite was good untill about 10:00, then they got real picky, tried about every color and style lure I had but they would usually just look at it and leave. Bite picked up again one hour before it got dark. No lure worked great, but best producers were glow teardrop and 1/4 oz blue and silver kasty, both with waxworms. The only way they would hit the kasty was to do nonstop 12 in. jigs without any pause, as soon as I paused it to feel a hit, they would leave. The fish were smaller than the only other time I fished there, the largest was 16in. All in all a great day, had a lot of fun trying to figure them out and playing with my vex

·
Registered
377 Posts
Kastmisser,

We fished Deweese a couple of weeks ago and had good results. What part of the lake were you fishing. Was there soft ice around the edges. We are going to head back down there in a couple of weeks if the ice is still good.

FC

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We drove down to these side opposite of the boat ramp, if you were on the lake looking at the dam it would be on your right. Close to some rocks jutting out into the lake. Moved around a lot as the bite slowed, fished in about 22 fow at first, then later went out to 30 to 35 fow and moved lateraly from there. Tried to find them shallower late afternoon 10 to 15 fow, but they were not there. Moved back out to 30 fow and found them again. Shore ice looked good, even though it got so warm we were fishing without jackets all afternoon. Good luck, km.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts