Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time on my birthday. Best birthday I think ive ever had! Started out EXTREMELY slow in the morning. Didnt fish the stream because it was running really fast! Water level is way down. We fishedby the dam. We managed to pull in about 10 fish. Smallest one was about 12 and the biggest was about 16 1/2. EXTREMELY fat! I cought the biggest one! I was extremely thrilled because its the biggest fish IVE ever cought(Every other big fish weve ever gotten my dad has cought). In the morning I thought I was going to get skunked then my dad cought 1, then I cought 1....And so on. At this place, you need to be careful on the strikes. Keep a tite line because its barely hit. BUT just like any time they will swim toward you and here comes the slack. I know most of you dont like Powerbait but thats what we used. I couldnt get a hit on ANYTHING else! All in all, a great time and I highly reccomend this lake! By the way, we kept 6 of the bigger ones and all had the tasty pink meat!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Happy B-day man and great report, everyone knows you are suppose to catch the biggest fish on your birthday... even the fish know. :p

C

·
0 Posts
No birthday is spent better than on the water! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 16, eh? You're getting old! HEH HEH! Fish On! ::)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
glad to here you did well, i stopped by round 2:00 but didnt see anyone just a fithwheel setup on the beach went down to the creek crossing below the dam and there was a small hatch of something and there were fish boiling all over i dropped a small piece of lint from my truck seat in and they boiled on it shure wish i had a rod with me (was out to get wood)

it was a good day for a birthday at the lake not too windy and definatley not to hot

to bad i missed ya

happy birthday

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya we left about 145 so I barely missed you. That 5th wheel was running its friggin generator all day so that was annoying. We fished right in front of the trees where all the rocks are. Went down by the stream and didnt see anything boiling. or anything swimming. I couldnt get up by the face of the dam. Those trees are in your way and figured its no use to go up there.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
those trees are your friends most turn back but if you pick your way thru you will be rewarded nothing big but good numbers of willing fish cause they hardly ever see a fisherman i was in there on the 4th of july when the lake was just packed with idiots i picked my way thru the brush to the face of the dam and had a field day.

maybe ill catch ya next time glad to here you had some good fishing, i might have to go down and drown some worms and kick it round a campfire

hey did you catch any browns?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No i did not catch anything but rainbows. And i tried worms for a while, and didnt have any look what-so-ever!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thats interesting i have always had way better luck with the worms dont think ive ever caught a deweese fish on powerbait but where i normaly fish is cow pasture right know there are some browns in there ive caught them at the other end but thought there might be more down in the rocks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where do you fish? We fish right by the dam. Theres a big rock that covers your head and we fish right there. Its right kind of there.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
generaly i fish the other end of the lake back towards the highway ond on the other side from where you were its kinda shallow in the spring but high and dry right now the nice thing is the jet skiers stay down closer to the dam and we catch boot loads of fish

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it kind of by the boat ramp. Theres a little inlet right in there. Its to the right of the boat ramp.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
same side as the boat ramp but way farther up the lake

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hook up with me in the spring just as the ice is coming off. we ussually are down there every evening with a campfire to cook the catch

1 - 20 of 28 Posts