Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time on my birthday. Best birthday I think ive ever had! Started out EXTREMELY slow in the morning. Didnt fish the stream because it was running really fast! Water level is way down. We fishedby the dam. We managed to pull in about 10 fish. Smallest one was about 12 and the biggest was about 16 1/2. EXTREMELY fat! I cought the biggest one! I was extremely thrilled because its the biggest fish IVE ever cought(Every other big fish weve ever gotten my dad has cought). In the morning I thought I was going to get skunked then my dad cought 1, then I cought 1....And so on. At this place, you need to be careful on the strikes. Keep a tite line because its barely hit. BUT just like any time they will swim toward you and here comes the slack. I know most of you dont like Powerbait but thats what we used. I couldnt get a hit on ANYTHING else! All in all, a great time and I highly reccomend this lake! By the way, we kept 6 of the bigger ones and all had the tasty pink meat!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya we left about 145 so I barely missed you. That 5th wheel was running its friggin generator all day so that was annoying. We fished right in front of the trees where all the rocks are. Went down by the stream and didnt see anything boiling. or anything swimming. I couldnt get up by the face of the dam. Those trees are in your way and figured its no use to go up there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
alright will do, if any way you can get a picture or something to show me where you are fishing now a days, let me know because I think we might head up there in a couple weeks after we get back from vegas.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Awesome...I need to get ice fishing poles and when time comes you could let me know everything i need. Just when time comes let me know and I could meet you up there 1 day. Is ice fishing there usually pretty good?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.