Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to deweese this weekend. Went camping for my first time. It was a blast. We got there at about 6and fished for an hour. My dad cought 2 nice rainbows and I also cought 2. The smallest one was about 13 inches and the biggest was about 16 or so. We cooked them up for dinner and went to do a little nightfishing. Me being afraid of mice, Had these friggin bats and muscrats all over the place. A bat even hit my line(Happened in Minnesota too). So went back to camp to go to bed. Couldnt sleep because of all the drunk people. Figured Id take advantage of that and screw around with them and throw rocks(They were fishing) to make them think they were fish. They were huge rednecks(As am I) and I chucked this huge one and all of the guys started screeming and throwing there lines out. I know this is immature but I was bored. Next morning got up at about 5 to go fish. They were rising everywhere.I threw out my floating yellow powerbait balls and a fish just jumped on it. Missed the hook set and he jumped on it again this time i jerked the rod too hard and the bubble just about hit me(Shows what kind of fisherman I am...lol)We fished until about 1 and cought 8 fish. Smallest being 12 in. and biggest being a good 16 or 17 inch. We had LOTS of bites but no takes. And we fished on the corner of the dam with the rubber power bait balls. We mainly fished from the bottom. THe fish are VERY fat and healthy and taste great!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Craig N said:
They were rising everywhere.
That was those hung over rednecks skipping rocks when you werent looking.

Sounds like you had a good time, some nice size fish caught.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yep them dewees trout are pretty tasty was the lake pretty crowded all around or just near you when i drove by on fri evening it seamed almost empty

o yeah and messing with drunk red necks is fair game in my book what they dont remember wont hurt them

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Craig nice job with the fish and great report!

And an even better job with the drunk rednecks...sounds like great sport!...

Way entertaining...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. THe lake wasnt that crowded it was just alot of boat traffic. There wasnt that many people. And, Im turning 16 in less than 2 weeks, I dont know if any of you matured at that age but my maturity level is pretty low when it comes to messing around with people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts